|With this much envelope wear it had to be good, right?|
|(That case holds a vintage sewing machine ....)|
I took care to line up the print on the skirt (which is cut in four pieces, so there are seams in the front and back). The pieces are wedge-shaped, and so the edges of each piece dissect the print diagonally, so I ended up with a slightly kaleidoscopic feel. Here is a lousy picture of the front of the skirt ...
I used a couple of colors of my favorite Imperial cotton/poly batiste for lining: I was running low and had to work with the scraps I had left. My local fabric store (well, local is a relative term now that I live 30+ miles away from it) stocks this stuff, but inconsistently. So I hunted around and found an online seller: "The Stitchin' Post". Now the batiste coffers are full again and I'm a happy camper.
I did my usual and attached the facings to the lining. I like that I got the print centered, even on the inside (though look closely and you'll see it isn't prefect).