Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th (and Emery #7)

I realized I had a red, white and blue Emery that I hadn't posted: what better day to do it than US Independence day, aka 4th of July!




I don't usually go for red and blue together, but I really like this combo:  I think it's the way the specific shades or red and blue play off each other, plus how the white in the print provides some balance. It's from the West Indies collection by Jennifer Paganelli, and I believe it's called "Matilda".  It's from a few years ago -- I got mine on eBay.



Seven dresses in, what more can I really say about this pattern?   Other than I still like it a lot:  there are two (aaaaaalmost three) more of them completed since this one.    Have I mentioned that it's a fine twirling dress?  Good amount of movement, no real danger of indecent exposure.



It seems weird to have so many of the same dress, but I already bought multiples of favorite clothes, and my personal style doesn't really change from year to year.   And hey, Steve Jobs wore the same black turtleneck every day and everyone thinks he's a genius.  ;)  

4 comments: