It's a great, basic little skirt, made out of a super-soft lightweight twill-y sort of fabric. And if you squint a little, it kinda resembles another skirt seen recently around these parts:
Not twins, but possibly siblings, right? Same sort of pockets, and basic shape, just different yokes and hem treatments. So I used the Sewaholic Crescent pattern as my starting point, and re-drafted the yoke shape (and the corresponding parts of the skirt pieces, to end up with this:
The fabric is a soft baby-wale corduroy, as I couldn't find any twill like the Old Navy skirt. I decided that this was actually better off unlined, as it was already thick enough and hung nicely as-is. I used some leftover quilting cotton for the yoke facing, and to make up for the fact that I'd cut the hem a little short!
I actually dusted off my serger for the pockets, and you can see the shameful fact that rather than match my serger threads to a project, I just use four cones of different colors I like and serge the rainbow.
It took me another week and a half to get the skirt in the mail, but now it's winging its way to its new home in California. This is my first garment "made to order", so hopefully it will hit the mark!