Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pattern windfall!


Some neighbors gave me a bumper crop of almost 90 vintage patterns!   They found them while cleaning out a relative's house, and remembered that I collected them -- otherwise they would have gone into the trash!  I feel fortunate to have such nice neighbors: I got to know them because our dogs are fond of each other.

However: 90 patterns is more than I can keep, so I'm going to give a bunch away that aren't my size or style.  The ones pictured above are the ones I plan to part with.  I've organized them into ten groups of four to six patterns, based on size, and will post them here on my blog as I have time.   They're almost all small sizes, from 30 1/2 bust to 34.  Many are petite, too.  Most are from the late 60s to early 70s, but there are a few older ones mixed in.  It'll take me a while to get the photos ready, but watch this space!  I'll give about a week for each grouping after its posted for people to express interest in the comments, then I'll pick a random recipient.

I am not doing self-stitched September, but I've been enjoying the posts of others who are!   I'm not much of an outfit planner, and have enough trouble dressing myself in the morning as it is.  :)   I tend to wear something I made once or twice a week, though, which is pretty good I think.  I don't strive to sew my entire wardrobe, only things I enjoy making, which may or may not be practical for everyday wear.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! What an incredible gift! Lucky you and lucky us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing gift!!! i'll totally be watching the updates as you're able to go thru them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you lucky girl! I'm always on the lookout for petite size patterns in B35-37.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, these patterns were all pretty small sizes -- the woman I got them from was quite petite, and I guess her mother was as well! I've got all the patterns photographed now, so I just need to do the photo editing and posting as I find time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. self stitched september sounds sadistic.

    self stitched TOTES!

    ReplyDelete