I hoped to complete a dress -- it has been a while since I've finished a project in a single weekend. I didn't quite get there, but it's close -- just need to finish off the lining around the zipper, sew on buttons, and hem. If I hadn't had to rip out so many mistakes, I probably would have made my goal. Even re-doing the worst of the boo boos, this dress won't be my best sewing job ever, but I like it and nobody else will notice. I used some of my favorite fabric: a cut from Joel Dewberry's "Aviary" series, purchased in 2009. Do you have trouble cutting into your favorite fabrics? I do, but the release of Aviary 2 made it much, much easier in this case. :) Since I have no dress to show, here's a preview of the fabric.
I also made labels for my pattern storage boxes. Last weekend, I did a little reorganizing of my patterns, since my collection had, uh, grown since I set up my boxes. I added four new ones, and made the labels below. I know I could have made nicer, neater ones using a computer, but hand-drawing them was more fun.
I buy the fabric boxes I use for pattern storage at the Container Store. They're collapsible, but have a metal frame inside to make them sturdy. The top zips open, with a Velcro strip sealing the flap.
The weather in Houston has been gorgeous, and azaleas are in bloom everywhere. I wish I could take a week off to enjoy it. I hope you had a good weekend, and got to do things you like to do!