|Back (and inside-out)|
|Piping on le pockets!|
I used some lovely voile I got from http://www.fabric.com a while back. (It's gone from there now, but I see it at http://quilthome.com.) I actually have a lot left over from the 3-yard piece I bought, so I can probably make another top or skirt from it sometime in the future. I lined with pink batiste, and faced the waistband/yoke with some almost-matching quilting cotton found in ye olde scrap box from the attic.
I bought some navy piping to use on this project, but once I got it home, it seemed too bright compared to the blackish-navy in the print. Fortunately, I had some of this cranberry color on hand, so I used that instead. It doesn't match, but I declare, it "goes", as they say. And I should do more piping. I heart it.
At some point during the construction, I became convinced that the skirt (which I have sewn several times already, so WTF???) was going to be too short. So I added a three-inch strip of navy voile to the bottom. Then, guess what -- it was too long. Duuuuuh. But I thought the navy at the bottom added something, so I reduced it to about 3/4 inch. The lining would have been the perfect length if I had not already added some navy voile to it too. Usually I like my lining to be an inch shorter than the skirt: this is barely 1/4 inch shorter, but it beat picking out the seam!
I've already worn it to work, but failed to even get a camera phone shot of it. It may not be exciting, but I do so love having dependable favorites to reach for in my closet, and that it will most certainly be! And I have another already cut out, plus I think I'll make a basic black one as well -- that'll be my fall New Moon lineup, and then for God's sake someone take this pattern away from me! (No, please, don't really -- I promise I'll put it away and make something else ... really soon ... )