Saturday, June 26, 2010

I <3 my toaster

Since those who love vintage patterns often love other vintage things, I thought I'd share my toaster.  It's from the early 1960s, and has been refurbished.  The sides are glass, and the design is silkscreened.   It came from http://www.toastercentral.com/, which was recommended to me by a co-worker.  I've seen the same toaster go for far less on eBay, but I didn't want to take risks where electricity is involved.  I hope it'll make me toast for another 50 years!

2 comments:

  1. Sassie Lassie has asked me to answer some questions in the game of 8 questions. I have just finished answering mine. Will be posted on Thursday.
    Anyway, I wanted to ask you next to join and share the answers to the following 8 questions with us.
    1) What outfit from a movie would you love to re-create?

    2) Tell us about your sewing spot/room. What is your favorite thing about it?

    3) Where did you learn to sew? Who taught you?

    4) If you could have dinner with one person from the past, who would it be?

    5) What/Who inspires you?

    6) What will always make you laugh?

    7) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

    8) What is something you would like us to know about you that you have never shared on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I'll have to think about the answers to these, and post when I get back home. I'm at work in Abingdon now, heading to London tonight! Not sure I'll have any Internet access there.

    ReplyDelete